Shale Crescent USA Contains Abundant Waterways
Washington County, Ohio and Wood County, West Virginia have abundant supplies of river and ground water for processing, cooling and transportation. Millions of gallons of good quality ground water are available.
Washington County, Ohio and Wood County, West Virginia are bounded by the Ohio River with a shoreline of over 100 miles.
Average Daily Flows (data from 2012 – June 2015):
- Average Ohio industrial water withdrawal - 489 million gallons/day.
- Willow Island – 28 billion gallons/day
- Where the Ohio River enters Washington County
- Parkersburg – 37 billion gallons/day
- Where the Ohio River leaves Washington County
- Muskingum River at Marietta adds 5 billion gallons/day Source: http://www.orsanco.org/flow-and-velocity/3-mainpages/data/328-monthly-average-stream-flows